Driving innovation with cutting edge science & technology
What I Do:
Project management principles are a useful framework to utilize when defining, implementing, and carrying out a project. I’m not afraid to go off-script when needed, but I use waterfall and Agile project management best practices to keep projects on time and on budget.
Practicing Design Thinking helps me to separate the ideal from the functional, and focus on the most immediate needs with the highest impact first. In my experience, solving for those priorities and keeping the user central to the design process ensures project success.
Hazard Mitigation & Disaster Recovery
I aim to identify root causes that prevent true, impactful community recovery and hazard mitigation. Often, returning green space to its natural function increases resiliency and can add public health benefits that grey infrastructure cannot.
Exploring opportunities to provide subject matter expertise in:
Science and Technology
By the Numbers
> $110 M
Human-Centered Design Workshops
Average NPS for Workshops
Biased Towards Action
I applied new science, technology, and collaboration to disaster recovery and resiliency in my previous roles including:
- Managing Associate, Disaster Recovery, Hagerty Consulting
- Program Manager, Disaster Resiliency, IBM
- Policy Analyst & Innovative Mitigation Project Co-Lead, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Hazard Mitigation Specialist, Disaster Recovery, North Carolina Emergency Management
- Multimedia Journalist, University of California Davis and Because Climate
- Researcher, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of California Davis
“Allyship is very important to me because I believe it is the only way to ensure equity and justice for people who have been historically disempowered.”
“Efficient project leader”
“[Millie] has the unique blend of interpersonal empathy with drive to achieve which yields the best results for the teams she leads and contributes to. Millie is a very efficient project leader. She collaborates effectively with NGO partners, software developers and executive stakeholders to deliver timely and valuable results.”
Thomas Ward, A.I. Project Leader, IBM
“An incredibly quick study”
“Millie is an incredibly quick study, becoming proficient in the areas of program/project management, operations, financials, stakeholder management, and communications.”
Tami Bryan, Program Manager and Talent Coach, IBM
“Creative, tenacious, thorough”
“[Millie] is a “big idea” person yet will do the research and leg work to fine-tune the details as well. She is creative, tenacious, and thorough, and she is always looking for ways to do things better and more collaboratively.”
Kimberlee Kemble, Disaster Program Consultant, IBM
- FEMA Independent Study (IS)-1014 Integrating 406 Mitigation into Public Assistance GrantThe FEMA IS 1014 course provides an overview of how to integrate Section 406 Hazard Mitigation into the Public Assistance grant application.
- FEMA Independent Study (IS)-1000 Public Assistance Program and EligibilityThe Public Assistance Program and Eligibility course describes project eligibility requirements for Public Assistance Program grants.
- CDBG-DR Program Launch: Action Plan to Project ImplementationThe Office of Block Grant Assistance (OBGA) Disaster Recovery and Special Issues Division (DRSI) hosted a webinar series for Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) grantees to provide information on how to successfully and compliantly implement their projects projects. The webinarContinue reading “CDBG-DR Program Launch: Action Plan to Project Implementation”